Thursday, June 28, 2007

So Your Dock Is A Little Crazy

Well alot of people when they get new apps just add it to there dock. So then they get this huge dock minimized to its smallest capacity. Well I'm going to show you some cool work arounds for your dock.

First thing is first get application enhancer and then get clear dock. Doing this is going to make your dock look so much more user friendly and you can change the color of the border to match your current desktop or theme. If you don't like Unsanity that's one of there apps so if you don't like em don't download it. I just love having a clear dock though lol

Ok now to get all those icons out of your dock, And the best way I have found to do that is Overflow. It adds one icon to your dock and you click it, And it opens up and you can have categories of your apps and you can put all your apps in em. I love this app it is really quite useful for shrinking your dock size.

Now you can move the dock around where ever you may like. Heck if you want it at the top next to the menu bar use Mac Pilot. That will get it up there.

Now I don't really use this app but if you really want your dock to look different you might consider Skin a Dock. It won't be the coolest thing for those who want there mac to have a really nice clean look but if you want your dock to look cool and look like no on else's you might consider this app.

Now you can also add as many docks as you want. So you can categorize your dock's to use for certain things and only put certain apps in em. So if your doing video stuff wip out the video dock and then you got your video dock. The app is called Dock Fun. Now I like Overflow much better but you might like Dock Fun.

Well I hope I pointed out some cool apps for you to help you get your mac more customized to the way you want it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get real-Get Quick silver http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/

Jeremy said...

Quicksilver was nice but I hardly every used it. So I might try it again sometime but I didn't like it that much but that was me.