Sunday, June 24, 2007

Keeping Your Mac Running Smoothly

Ok I had a request for this so I'm going to help you guys the best I can. I use apps and stuff to do this so I'll name the apps and put links so you guys can get em to.

I can say my number one app I use to keep my computer running top notch has to be "Onyx". Made by Titanium Softwares. It does one heck of a job doing anything you need maitnence for. I use to clean all my caches, repair permissions and optimize my system. It is really the one app I recommend and the only thing I use. I've had the iMac G5 for over 2 years and its still running as good as new. So definitley get this app. It can be found out this link. http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html

Now another app that is awesome to have is "Mac Pilot". It unlocks alot of hidden features and turns stuff off that you dont want running. I use it to turn off my dashboard when I dont need it cause it is quite the ram hog. Mac Pilot is made by "Koingo Software" and can be found at http://www.koingosw.com/products/macpilot.php. So if you want to keep your system optimized and running in tip top shape I suggest using these two apps.

If you would like to see more questions answered go ahead and contact me =)

No comments: